Vision & Mission | History | Founders | Awards | Friends, Partners & Network | Organizational Structure | Sustainability
The Vision of Sustainable Development in the Desert Became Reality
SEKEM was founded with the idea of sustainable development and giving back to the community. The vision that brought Dr. Ibrahim Abouleish to dig the first well in the vast desert land still drives SEKEM’s business approach. Our vision, mission and values serve as a compass which guides us in our everyday work in all SEKEM companies.
Sustainable development towards a future where every human being can unfold his individual potential; where mankind lives together in social forms reflecting human dignity; and where all economic activity is conducted in accordance with ecological and ethical principles.
To realize our vision for sustainable development in Egypt…
- we establish Biodynamic agriculture as the competitive solution for the environmental, social and food security challenges of the 21st century
- we support individual development through holistic education and medical care
- we create workplaces reflecting human dignity and supporting employee development
- we build successful business models in accordance with ecological and ethical principles
- we innovate for sustainable development through research in natural and social sciences
- we advocate, locally and globally, for a holistic approach to sustainable development
In nature, every organism is independent and at the same time systemically inter-connected to other organisms. Inspired by these ecological principles, which represent the wisdom of nature and the universe, we continuously strive to gain and sustain a harmonious balance between the following polarities and to integrate them into our development.