Contact | Visit SEKEM | Join SEKEM | Legal | Privacy
Last updated: 2018/05/23
This notice falls under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who We Are
SEKEM Holding for Investment SAE is a Egyptian based joint stock company subject to the provisions of the Capital market Law No. 95 of 1992 and its regulations and is part of the SEKEM Initiative, founded by Dr. Ibrahim Abouleish in 1977.
SEKEM Holding for Investment S.A.E.
3 Cairo Belbes Desert Road
P.O:Box 2834 El Horreya, heliopolis
11361 Cairo, Egypt
0020 2 265 88 124/5 – 01223999147
Fax: 0020 2 265 88 123
How To Contact Us
We can be reached via this contact form on our website.
Personal Data We Collect
- Email address;
- Language preferences;
- Newsletter: opens, clicks, opt-ins;
- Comments: Data shown in the comments, browser user agent string for SPAM protection;
List the information that we store but that is not identifiable:
- Amount of users on website and average time spend.
Consent to Collect
We collect data from users that have contacted us through our contact forms;
We collect data from users that have subscribed to our newsletter (available in English, Arabic, German language).
We ask for consent during the account creation process with a checkbox. A link to this page is provided during the account creation process.
The legal basis for us to collect the data is to be able to provide you with a service.
Your Data, Your Rights
- You can request a copy of your data which we will provide within 30 days;
- You can request your data to be anonymized which we will do within 30 days;
- While we will do everything we can to keep our service secure, in the event of a data breach or misuse, we will inform our users of what happened and what we have done to put it right within 30 days.
Services and Third Parties Where SEKEM Stores Data
SEKEM relies on third party services to maintain its own services. SEKEM never shares or resell any of its data.
- MailPoet, France;
- Appful GmbH, Germany;
- GoDaddy Inc, US (encrypted backups);
- Google Analytics, US.
Length of Data Collection
SEKEM will keep identifiable data for an undetermined amount of time or until the user asks us to anonymize and / or delete his data.
Newsletter & Account Statistics and Reporting
SEKEM records behavioural data, such as opens and clicks, for emails SEKEM sends itself.
SEKEM collects data from users for security reasons, to monitor deliverability and for internal reporting:
- Number of emails sent;
- Email addresses of recipients;
- Country of user;
- Language preference of user.
Who Has Access to Our Data?
Data at SEKEM is not shared or sold with any third party other than mentioned above.
SEKEMs staff has access to users data for the purpose of providing services, monitoring and reporting.
No personal identifiable data is stored on staff computers on a permanent basis.