Invitation SEKEM Day 2021:
2. October in Stuttgart
by the SEKEM Freinds Association Germany
As global crises worsen, the question for the individual arises again and again: What can I do? What should I do? Sustainability is created when people live and share the values of being human together in action. How can we tap into the full human potential that we still know so little about? This is the aspect that the SEKEM Friends Germany would like to emphasise on SEKEM Day 2021.
Everything about the SEKEM Day
The public general meeting will inform you about the current activities of the associations in Germany and SEKEM. Afterwards, Helmy Abouleish, Executive Director of the SEKEM Initiative, will give a lecture on the theme of the day, focusing on the latest developments in Egypt and on SEKEM. All day long you will find information and products about SEKEM at the bazaar. The musical performance is a gift from the musician couple Gleissner to SEKEM. During their many visits to SEKEM they have given concerts and worked musically with pupils. They will play Beethoven’s Cello Sonata in A major for us. By participating in the joint project “Knowledge Hub for Organic Agriculture in North Africa” with GIZ, BMZ and partners in Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco, the SEKEM Friends want to support SEKEM’s future goal of 100% organic agriculture and at the same time strengthen international cooperation.
The SEKEM Day brings together many people who feel connected to global values and human development through the SEKEM impulse. After a two-year break, SEKEM Day 2021 would like to offer a platform for this. Meet at the SEKEM Day in a personal conversation and be inspired by the presentation of different projects of SEKEM Youth, Biodiversity in Wahat or health projects on SEKEM, which are all working for the sustainability of our society and our earth. At our future forum “Zukunft TUN-Mensch SEIN” we will talk with Gerald Häfner and Helmy Abouleish about “Building the future in a time of change”. Afterwards, we will meet for a direct exchange and joint discussion. The day will end with a wonderful Beethoven sonata by the musician couple Gleissner. If we are unable to hold the SEKEM Day 2021 in person, we will offer it online.
Saturday, 02 October | 11:00 – 18:00
- 11.00 | Public General Assembly, Musical opening, welcome by the Chairman of the Board
- Activity report 2019/2020; Project presentation and introduction of the active members of SEKEM Friends Germany
- Report on current developments in Egypt; Helmy Abouleish, Executive Director of the SEKEM Initiative
- Treasurer’s report, auditor’s report, discharge of the board of directors
- Farewell to Waltraud Bandel
- 13.00 | Break: Snack, meeting and sale of SEKEM products
- 14.30 | Forum: Doing Future – Being human, Impulse lecture / Interactive discussions
“Building the future in a time of change” with Helmy Abouleish and Gerald Häfner, Head of the Social Science Section of the School of Spiritual Science Dornach
- 16.30 | Coffee break
- 17.30 | Concert Friedgard Gleissner, piano, Rudolf Gleissner, violoncello, Ludwig van Beethoven Sonata in A major, Opus 69
- 18.00 | End
!!! REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
In order to participate in the SEKEM Day on site in the Kursaal, you will need an entrance ticket this year. You can book these free of charge via the following channels:
– by telephone at +49 (0) 221 5894 1629
– by e-mail at email@example.com
– online via www.sekem-freunde.de
For digital participation in the SEKEM Day, we will gladly send you the access data by e-mail.
Please register by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Kleiner Kursaal Bad Cannstatt, Königsplatz 1, 70372 Stuttgart; Public transport: U2 to Kursaal stop or U1 and U13 to Uff-Kirchhof Parking on the street or in the underground car park at the Kursaal.
Download the program